My father's dragon / Ruth Stiles Gannett ; illustrated by Ruth Chrisman Gannett.
A young boy runs away from home to rescue an abused baby dragon held captive to serve as a free twenty-four hour, seven-days-a-week ferry for the lazy wild animals living on Wild Island.
- ISBN: 9780486837499
- ISBN: 0486837491
- Physical Description: 86 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Edition: Dover edition.
- Publisher: Mineola, New York : Dover Publications, Inc., 2019.
Contents / Notes
"Newberry Honor Book"--Dust jacket.
"This Dover edition...is an unabridged republication of the work originally published by Random House, New York, in 1948"--Copyright page.
Sequel: Elmer and the dragon.
Newbery Honor, 1949.
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||Dragons > Juvenile fiction.
Animals > Juvenile fiction.
Rescues > Juvenile fiction.
Islands > Juvenile fiction.
Dragons > Fiction.
Animals > Fiction.
Rescues > Fiction.
Islands > Fiction.
Currently available copies
- 2 / 3 copies available at PINES (Show)
- 0 / 0 copies available at Flint River Regional Library System
- 0 / 0 copies available at Peachtree City Library
- 0 current holds
|Library System: Library Branch Name
||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status|